29 May 2021

Society’s misogyny problem runs deeper than men like me realise | British GQ

Society’s misogyny problem runs deeper than men like me realise | British GQ
... I ran up the Old Kent Road, sucking in the warm fug of Routemaster and rotisserie, before bopping through Borough with Britney Spears booming in my ears then ducking down into the labyrinth of railway arches and tunnels that snake their way from Blackfriars to Kennington. The late afternoon sun left a spray of incandescent rays as it dipped behind the Tate Modern. ...
... As I padded through the dark streets of Kennington, stretching off my calves, I realised that I’d not been properly listening to these women – the people I love most in the world – instead keeping myself preserved in the aspic of privileged ignorance, absolved of doing anything to help enact a real change.
...

No comments: