Sunday, 31 July 2016

St Marks, Kennington - history : London Remembers, Aiming to capture all memorials in London

St Marks, Kennington - history : London Remembers, Aiming to capture all memorials in London
St Mark’s Church stands at the junction of two old Roman roads – one to Newhaven and the other (Stane Street) to Chichester.  The Common was a favourite place for chariot racing and cricket.  Cricket was moved from Kennington Park to the Oval, an old market garden, in 1851. … ...

No comments: