04 March 2009

Grandfather's plaque quest


News

Grandfather's plaque quest

Monday, 02 March 2009


ABOUT 30 years ago, while living in Kennington, I lost the contents of my flat through no fault of my own.

Most things I have replaced or learned to live without.

One item, though, I would like to trace as it belonged not to me but the whole family.

It is a memorial plaque presented to the family when my grandfather died in the First World War.

It was made of bronze, about four or five inches in diameter, depicting Britannia and a lion with my grandfather’s name, William Frank Lambert, embossed on a plain panel.

I wondered if any of your readers are collectors or dealers and may know of its present whereabouts.

I hope you can help in some way

Geoffrey V Lambert, geofflambert@live.com

No comments: