05 August 2021

Drill star Blanco on his funky solo career: "I want a Top 10 album"

Drill star Blanco on his funky solo career: "I want a Top 10 album"
... Here, the Kennington star tells NME about his debut mixtape ‘City of God’ – which is due out on August 13th – what life as part of Harlem Spartans is like and what he has planned next. ...
... “It’s great to see my peers – Loski, MizorMac – doing good. They’re doing their thing and Bis was doing good [before his tragic killing in 2019]. Me and Bis, in the beginning, were making a couple tunes, and then the circle formed around us. Many close friends we didn’t even know rapped joined in – they surprised us. We weren’t really doing it for anything. We didn’t see a future in drill. We kinda saw getting to the top as a long shot – that’s what makes our success even better. We didn’t like aiming for no goals or charts or anything. When we did ‘Kennington is Where It Started’, that was the moment for me. I didn’t really see it as big numbers at the time but at the time, I thought I could make it.” ...


No comments: