08 April 2010

Kennington Park Sports Facilities

Dear Neighbours

We are sending this out on behalf of KA member, Wanderers Football Club.

Best wishes
Cathy Preece
KA Administrative Assistant


Dear all,

Thank you for your excellent feedback on your experiences with using the Kennington Park Sports Facilities.  There are several parties I am waiting to hear back from, but the consensus so far seems to be in support of change.

However, to be absolutely sure that the users of the facilities dictate whether or not GLL should remain in charge of the council's premises, I have set up a petition on the Lambeth Council website.  I would really appreciate it if you could take a look and decide whether or not to sign it and, most importantly, to communicate the link to as many of your team-mates or colleagues as possible, to give them the chance of casting their vote.

The petition can be found at; http://tinyurl.com/KennPark - please forward this urgently as there is a deadline, after which the petition ends.

I am anticipating that Wanderers FC will be giving out flyers explaining our concerns with the current management at Sunday morning's game.  On reflection, it makes sense to be clear that this is a unilateral communication to avoid any assumptions, on our part, of collective agreement by your members, when they may not have had a chance to cast their vote.  I hope that's okay.

Thanks again and I look forward to talking to you more about this issue in the future,

Mark Wilson

Club Secretary
Wanderers Football Club
http://www.originalwanderers.com
http://www.twitter.com/est1859

3 comments:

Emma Barnes said...

I have been a customer of the kennington park facilities for 7 months now.
I have never had an issue with the way that GLL run the facilities apart from the threat of me losing my time slot if my invoice wasnt clear or booking form signed which to be honest is not a very unfair request if you are running a buisness that does not just favour block bookings but also community groups but apart from that booking is easy and have 3 options in which to pay for invoices.
in which the petition does not support that it says that invoices are only payable via head office which is an untrue statement.
I would however favour the petition about the changing rooms as i agree they need to refurbish them.
I suggest if you want gll removed from management that you amend the petition to speak the truth but also keep in mind that management from a diffrent company might be terrible and remarkably worse than GLL.

Mark said...

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your feedback.

In my own experience of GLL they have told me that if I wish to pay via cheque, this must be sent to their head office only. Aside from that, the concensus from the other respondents has been very negative and that block bookings, and the renewal of them, has been managed particularly badly.

In GLL's defence, I had a detailed call with Joe Rahm, their Partnership Manager, who liaises with Lambeth Council. He explained that the changing rooms are Lambeth Council's responsibility and not GLL's, nor Fusion's before them.

As such, it makes sense to put pressure on Lambeth to remedy the situation - something I will put in writing to the current councillors for Oval and MPs for Vauxhall, along with their contestants for the upcoming election.

Many thanks,
Mark Wilson

Emma Barnes said...

in my experience of my time as a customer so far my invoice payments have consisted of paying by debit card over the phone which i found easy and quick as money was allocated without any hassle and then when payed by cheque i sent it to ferndale sports centre which again was allocated as i had no problems with renewing my contract for the next quarter, BUT a fellow customer of larkhall Park another of GLL's Contracts, who pays by cheque which he sent to their head office and there was a delay with allocation so from then on he sent payment to ferndale and this issue was resolved.
Im not saying gll are completely faultless because like your issue the changing rooms are in need of refurbishment but as you advised above that responsibility does not lie with gll, Thanks for your reply Mark,
Emma