08 October 2009

Scam/fraud

Dear Neighbours,
Last week a man came to our door with two packages one of which was addressed to my husband, the other was a DVD home theatre in a very large box. He asked me to sign that I had received the items. Since I knew nothing about them I called my husband who refused to accept them and would not sign anything because he had not ordered them. Today we received an invoice from Littlewoods for £348.00!!
My husband has just spoken to Littlewoods. They report that there is a scam/fraud going on at present. If we had signed and accepted the goods, the man returns a few days later to say the goods were delivered to the wrong address and takes them away leaving you to pay for them. Littlewoods were convinced that we had not ordered them because the information given to them by the purchaser bore no relation to my husband's eg dob etc.
Have there been other instances of this in the neighbourhood?
Regards
Jo Hykin

No comments: