31 August 2009

Calling all young green volunteers to help Plant Your Future


Calling all young green volunteers to help Plant Your Future

7:30am Sunday 30th August 2009


Young aspiring green volunteers are invited to join the launch of Plant Your Future to see what they can do for the environment.

The event, organised by London charity Trees for Cities and Vinvolved, aims to encourage 16 to 25-year-olds to find out about environmental volunteering opportunities in London.

It is due to take place at Kennington Park on Wednesday.

David Blair, regional Co-ordinator at Trees for Cities, said: “I’d really recommend volunteering with Trees for Cities.

"I found that even a few days’ volunteering built up what I could say about myself in job applications while demonstrating my passion about the environment.”

No comments: